Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A House Filled with History

Of course a house that is nearly 100 years old is going to have its stories to tell... And I just love stumbling across bits and pieces of that story.

A few days ago, I was in the attic taking pictures for the structural engineer when I found these. :)



I particularly love this little matchbook cover... $1000 life insurance policy for only 25 cents!


7a is my favorite!!



Then, these 'school boards' are next to the stairs headed down to the basement. I don't think we'll be covering these up. :)



I love this one for 'Spelling' :-)


Found this pretty little fan at the bottom of the basement stairs in some rubble... Might have fallen from the attic.



And as promised, some cool bits of newspaper. :) I didn't have time to photograph all of it.



Sports page...



Poetry!


Dang, I could live in a hotel two months for less than I pay for a tank of gas...


Popeye!

Newspaper dated Tuesday, February 27, 1940.

Blondie!

Whiskey!

Ski Snoqualmie!

More newspapers and wallpaper later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment